The LDG Dance Academy believes that it is unacceptable for a child or young person to experience abuse of any kind and recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of children and young people who attend the school, by a commitment to practice in a way which protects them. LDG Dance Academy has a ‘duty of care’ to provide a safe environment that is conducive to promoting the health and well-being of children and young people under the age of 18 years.
LDG Dance Academy will take all reasonable steps to ensure that safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is embedded in our contact through the training and activities we provide for them.
We recognise that:
- The welfare of the child/young person is paramount
- All children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse
- Working in partnership with children, young people, their parents and carers is essential in promoting young people’s welfare
We will seek to safeguard children and young people by:
- Valuing them, listening to and respecting them
- Adopting child protection guidelines through procedures and a code of conduct for staff and volunteers
- Recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made
- Sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, parents, staff and volunteers
- Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately
- Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training
At LDG Dance Academy, students will be made aware that we support the ‘Be Kind’ campaign and we want LDG Dance Academy to be a safe and happy place for all students.